Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Ken Follett Book

 Ken Follett recently released a new novel which I know almost nothing about, but am very excited to read nonetheless. Follett is the author of two of my favorite books, World Without End and Pillars of the Earth, and I am incredibly excited about a new publication.


As the first book of Follett's new Century Trilogy, Fall of Giants, will take place during the First World War and the Russian Revolution. According to Follett's website, Fall of Giants, will explore the interrelations between five families from different countries and their struggles throughout the war, revolution and women's suffrage. It appears that in this new trilogy, he will be weaving his talent for writing thriller novels in with his incredible historical research and ability to make the characters into real people with real lives.


I just started reading the book and already I think it might be one of my favorite books of all time! I am 68 pages in and, in his typical form, Ken Follett has already hooked me in with a story filled with action, adventure, mystery, tragedy, and romance. I am not exactly an avid reader, but I am itching to get back to reading right now. I'll have updates when I've read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment